Where and how can I buy your beads?
- Our beads are available to purchase directly from us here on the website. Alternatively, you can visit the studio/gallery in Dulong, Queensland 4560 by appointment (Ph: 07-54763999), where you can buy direct and/or order from the extensive range of colours available. Please keep in mind that the majority of beads are made to order so a wide range handmade bead stock is not carried.
Why can cancellations not be accepted more than 24-hours following placement of my order?
- Once your order has been received, the order will be processed which means that beads will be in production to fill your order, usually within a 48 hour period, and will be sent to you once completed aiming for a maximum 14 day period to allow us to make your beads. If there are any queries noted on receipt of your order, such as availability of colours, special requests, etcetera, we will be in touch to clarify prior to commencement of manufacture.
Will my beads be identical to those shown on the website?
- Every single bead is handmade individually therefore there may be slight variations in size, shape and design/pattern. Most of the basic styles listed will be made specifically for your order.
How are the beads presented?
- Your beads will arrive wrapped in tissue paper in either a padded bag or a small cardboard box, such as a CD box or video box. Presentation boxes are available if required. Please make a note in the comment section when placing your order.
- Jewellery will be wrapped in tissue and/or gift packaged, depending on the size of the item.
My order includes a gift - can you include a personalised note with the order?
- Absolutely! I am very happy to include a personalised message on a tag to be included with the gift package. Gift wrapping can also be supplied. No pricing details or invoice will be included in the package. Please make a note in the comment section when placing your order.
How often are new beads added to your website?
- The frequency of updates is dependent on time and inspiration. creativity can be difficult to predict and control. It can come and go in unexpected ways, and often requires a certain mindset or environment to flourish. Some people find that they are more creative at certain times of the day or in certain settings, while others may struggle to be creative no matter the circumstances. However, many experts believe that creativity can be cultivated and developed with practice and by exposing oneself to new experiences and perspectives.
- The frequency is also heavily influenced by other commitments such as study, visitors, other tasks that need to be completed.....updating this FAQ page would be a good example!
- To ensure you are the first to know of new listings, subscribe to the mailing list, set up an account on this website, follow me on Instagram at kimmygdesigns4 or on Facebook at Northcoast Beadmakers
What glass do you use for your beads?
- Primarily Moretti, also known as Effetre, which is Italian glass. Additionally I use Bullseye glass, Lauscha, CiM, Vetrofond, TAG, Double Helix, Spectrum as well as a variety of clear transparents.
Do you offer wholesale pricing or bulk discounts?
- No, simply because every single bead is handmade and it is not viable to offer discounts or wholesale prices. If a particular design is required for you repetitively, a sample or samples would be made and based on that, pricing could be discussed.
Do you take commissions or special orders?
- I am happy to discuss commissions or special orders. Please contact me either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +61 754 763999.
Where did you learn to make glass beads, and do you still teach lampworking?
- I learned to make glass beads with Jandy Pannell many years ago when beadmaking was little known in Australia and there were very few classes back then. The vast majority of classes and teachers were based in the US. Of course, beadmaking has grown in popularity significantly since then and there are many courses available at different skill levels, from beginners to advanced techniques. I no longer teach as I simple do not have the time or the space to do so.
- I also rarely do demonstrations as there is very little space in my studio and when working around a very hot flame, with gas and oxy lines around, it is just not practical to have someone peering over my shoulder.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to send them to us using the contact form.
Please visit regularly to see what is new. Feel free to contact us me if you have a special request or want 'Made to Order' bigger or smaller sets, etcetera.